Medical Microdermabrasion With Light Therapy
About the treatment
- Improvement of skin tone, colour and texture
- Increased elasticity
- Reduction of enlarged pores
- Removal of surface skin lines and wrinkles
- Removal of discolouration caused by sun damage
- Reduction of oily skin
- Removes Blackheads and whiteheads
- Fresher and younger looking Skin
- Light Therapy uses 7 main types of light; each light has a completely different effect to our skin, for example
- Red (650nm) – Will increase Collagen and Elastin production and will aid in the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles. Red light also has an anti inflammatory affect that can be used after a chemical peel.
- Blue (462nm) – Creates an anti bacterial affect that is perfect for directly targeting acne. Very beneficial when the treatment of scar tissue is the aim.
- Green (527nm) – A soothing affect that will also aid the hydration of the skin
- Purple (600nm) – Help’s with the elimination of harmful toxins from the body.
- Orange (610nm) – Is for balancing and recomposing the skin tissue.
- Turquoise (470nm) – Helps with relaxation.
- Yellow (590nm) – This will improve the lymphatic drainage system
Optional to have an infused custom blended anti-oxidants and anti-aging product mask and products of vitamin C
Does it hurt?
No, it does not. Most clients tolerate the treatment very well and most finding it very relaxing. The sensation experienced is slightly scratchy and warming but this disappears very quickly once the treatment is finished. Although a difference can be seen after only one treatment, a course of treatments is recommended to achieve deeper longer lasting results. The average complete cell turnover is four to five weeks and it will be at the end of this time that the full results can be seen. Whilst the light therapy is active, goggles may need to be worn. Treatment consists of thermotherapy, microdermabrasion, light therapy, Customised Mask ending with Cryotherapy to close the pores.
How often do I need a treatment?
Once the cosmetic treatment practitioner has established your requirements from the treatment, they will recommend a treatment programme. The typical length of time between treatments is 14 to 28 days but this can be adjusted.
For example: Acne – mild medical microdermabrasion wih light therapy once a week for six treatments
Fine lines/wrinkles/pigmentation – medical microdermabrasion 14 days apart for six treatments; increased vacuum every treatment (this is gauged by your skin’s response and tolerance)
Do I need maintenance treatment after my course?
Yes, we do advise that you maintain your results with regular treatments, ideally once a month
How long does the treatment take?
Approximately to 1 hours, so it is very quick and is safe for you to apply your makeup immediately after treatment.
What should I do after the treatment?
The cosmetic treatment practitioner will provide a full sheet of aftercare instructions.