About the treatment
- Smoothes out lines and wrinkles around your mouth, eyes, nose and forehead.
- Gives your mouth a fuller and more sensuous form.
- Lips have a greater volume and fuller appearance.
- Cheek and chin dimples filled out to enhance your facial contour
- Tear Trough, addresses hollow eyes and dark circles
What are dermal fillers?
A dermal filler is a substance which is injected into the skin to plump it up, make it firmer and smooth out lines and wrinkles.
Are dermal fillers safe?
The dermal fillers used at Rejuven8 Skin Clinic are extremely safe with a low incidence of allergic reaction. There is, however, a very small possibility of allergic reaction which will be discussed with you at your initial consultation. You can expect some degree of redness and swelling after the treatment, which usually clears up within one to two days.
What does the treatment involve?
The filler is injected, usually without the need for local anaesthetic, into the lines and defects to plump them out. The filler remains in the skin where it binds water to produce a lift and firmness to the treated areas. Some fillers are combined with Local anaesthetic
How long does it take?
Treatments usually take around 30 minutes. For lip enhancement, a local anaesthetic injection is usually given to remove any discomfort.
How long does it last?
Typically the results can last six to nine months but this varies from one person to another. The filler is gradually broken down and absorbed by the body, so the lines, wrinkles or lips will ultimately return to their previous appearance without top-up treatments.
There are now semi-permanent or even permanent dermal fillers which produce long lasting results. Generally speaking we tend to avoid using these fillers as some patients may develop an allergy to the product which cannot be removed. There are, however, safe products which will last between 12 to 18 months.
What can I have improved?
- Dermal fillers are used to fill out lines and wrinkles around the mouth, eyes, nose and forehead.
- We can give your mouth a fuller and more sensuous form by enhancing the lips to produce a better definition and reduction in lipstick bleed.
- Your lips can also be given a greater volume and fuller appearance.
- Facial contouring, for example, cheek and chin dimples, can be achieved using dermal fillers to smooth out the hollows and alter the facial contour
- Tear Trough, addresses hollow eyes and dark circles
- Nose Correction
What should I do after the treatment?
The cosmetic treatment practitioner will provide a full sheet of aftercare instructions.
All treatments are reviewed 2 weeks post treatment.
What is Fagron TrichoTest?
Fagron TrichoTest™ is a genetic test and software solution, developed by Fagron Genomics, to support healthcare professionals in personalising treatment for hair loss. It combines the analysis of genetic variations, lifestyle factors and literature related to hair loss treatment. It suggests individualised treatment options through topical, oral or surgical solutions
What are the benefits of the Tricho hair loss DNA test?
⦁ Full genetic analysis
⦁ State of the art technology
⦁ Personalised treatment solutions
⦁ It is a non-invasive, reliable test that is valid for life
⦁ Improves the effectiveness of hair loss treatments
⦁ High precision with 99.9 genetic analysis reproducibility
How does Fagron TrichoTest™ work?
Fagron TrichoTest™ analyses 3 polymorphisms within 16 DNA mutations (SNPs), analysing a total of 48 genetic variations. Detecting SNPs facilitates the understanding of specific characteristics of the metabolism of a patient that are related to hair loss. All SNPs used in Fagron TrichoTest™ have been scientifically validated from population studies, presenting a significative global incidence.
After the analysis, Fagron TrichoTest™ provides the hair loss consultant, trichologist or advisor a final report with suggested treatments for hair loss, personalised for each patient, based on:
⦁ Results obtained after analysis of the genes involved in 7 categories of hair treatment options.
⦁ Information about patient characteristics and lifestyle, provided via a questionnaire completed by our clinician
⦁ Hair loss is common.
⦁ Hair loss (alopecia) is a progressive condition that has different forms and causes.
⦁ The most common hair loss type, known as androgenetic alopecia, is hereditary. If left untreated, hair loss usually progresses over time.
- 80% of all men experience androgenetic alopecia during their life*.
- 40% of all women experience androgenetic alopecia during their life*.
How is the sampling process performed?
The sampling process is simple and is also explained in detail in the instructions of use leaflet present in the kit.
- Patients should avoid eating, smoking, alcohol, drinking (water is the exception) or brushing teeth at least 1h before scraping.
- Patients are advised to rinse the mouth with water before scraping.
- Informed consents must be filled and signed by the clinician and the patient.
- Removal of the swab from the swab tube.
- The inside part of one of the cheeks must be scraped energetically with the scraping end of the swab for 1 minute, while rotating the swab. The scraping end of the swab should only be in contact with the inside of the cheek.
- The swab should be stored back in the tube and closed.
What is the expected waiting time until receiving the results?
- The process of analysing DNA is complex. The results are expected to be sent approximately 4 weeks after the sample has been received at our laboratory. This includes the time needed to process the sample and to generate a personalised report.