Faq prp platelet rich plasma skin hair
Frequently Asked Questions: PRP SKIN AND HAIR
What is PRP?
PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) therapy is newly introduced non-surgical and safe revolutionary medical concept of skin rejuvenation and hair loss treatment that uses the natural, healing components of the body with proven amazing results and promising treatment option for facial rejuvenation and Hair Regrowth.
It is normally referred to as ‘Vampire’ or ‘Dracula’ therapy; since it involves the blood being taken from patient’s own body, processed and then re-injected directly back into patient’s own skin.
How does PRP work?
It is a hassle-free procedure which normally takes around 60 minutes. PRP treatment has no down time.
• Firstly, a small amount of blood is drawn from your vein.
• Then it is processed and centrifuged in a test tube where PRP is separated from rest of the blood and the platelets are concentrated to its optimal concentration.
• Finally, PRP is injected into the affected areas with a syringe.
PRP is normally done at a gap of 4 weeks. Visible difference in the treated areas is seen after 3 to 4 sittings. The number sittings required is based on the area to be treated and the concern for which PRP is used.
Areas of Treatment for PRP
• REJUVENATION OF FACE, NECK, HANDS
• IMPROVEMENT OF STRETCH MARKS
• IMPROVEMENT OF SCARS secondary to ACNE, TRAUMATIC or SURGICAL
• IMPROVEMENT OF HAIR THINNING OR HAIR LOSS
• IMPROVEMENT OF DARK CIRCLES
Factors Influencing PRP Treatment
• The area being treated
• The overall health of the patient
• Duration of the concern
• Smoking adversely effects the quality of platelets and the healing process
PRP For Anti-Aging in Radiance
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is concentrated blood plasma which as three to five times the number of platelets found in normal circulating blood. It interact with local cells for tissue regeneration and collagen growth as PRP is rich in many growth factors like PDGF (Platelet Derived Growth Factor), TGF-B (transforming growth factor-beta), VEGF (Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor), FGF (Fibroblast Growth Factor) and EGF (Epithelial Growth Factor).
This results in the thicker dermis, softer wrinkles, improved skin tone and texture by reducing the wrinkles and fine lines from the face and neck ensuring a youthful, glowing and tightened skin.
PRP For Hair-Loss
PRP therapy for hair loss involves using patients own blood for hair regrowth. In this process, platelet rich plasma (PRP) is derived from the patient’s blood and injected into the scalp. PRP contains essential growth factors which stimulate natural hair growth. PRP treatment can also be combined with micro needling,
Advantages of PRP Therapy:
• Simple, non-surgical procedure.
• Takes short duration approximately 60 minutes.
• Safe and reliable results with minimal risks.
• Very quick recovery period with no downtime.
• Beautiful and above all extremely natural looking end results.