FREQUENTYLY ASKED QUESTIONS – HYDROTHERAPY MICRODERMABRASION WITH LIGHT THERAPY
Hydro dermabrasion can remove the dead skin and the dirt in the skin effectively.
At the same time it can infuse the skin with anti-aging serums to rejuvenate the skin.
Hydrodermabrasion treatments are highly effective in improving the skin’s texture, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, and giving deeper hydration to the skin.
- Blood circulation is improved which leads to greater collagen production and skin tone improvement.
- Improves scarring, acne, unwanted pigmentation, blackheads and puffy eyes.
- The skin is exfoliated several times as the tip is moved over it in a planning motion, whilst the serums applied soften the skin and sebum (skin oils) making it much easier to extract away impurities.
Does it hurt?
Hydrodermabrasion – the latest in skincare technology. Hydradermabrasion uses the natural healing powers of diamond crystals, water and oxygen to effortlessly exfoliate the skin generating deeply hydrated and healthier looking skin. This ability to actively moisturise the skin during the treatment process sets it apart from all other skin resurfacing procedures available, such as traditional microdermabrasion, chemical peeling and laser/IPL treatments.
No, it does not. Most clients tolerate the treatment very well and most finding it very relaxing. The sensation experienced is slightly scratchy and warming. Although a difference can be seen after only one treatment, a course of treatments is recommended to achieve deeper longer lasting results. The average complete cell turnover is four to five weeks and it will be at the end of this time that the full results can be seen. Whilst the light therapy is active, goggles may need to be worn. Treatment consists of microdermabrasion, Hydrotherapy, light therapy, ending with Cryotherapy to close the pores.
Light Therapy uses 7 main types of light; each light has a completely different effect to our skin, for example
- Red (650nm) – Will increase Collagen and Elastin production and will aid in the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles. Red light also has an anti inflammatory affect that can be used after a chemical peel.
- Blue (462nm) – Creates an anti bacterial affect that is perfect for directly targeting acne. Very beneficial when the treatment of scar tissue is the aim.
- Green (527nm) – A soothing affect that will also aid the hydration of the skin
- Purple (600nm) – Help’s with the elimination of harmful toxins from the body.
- Orange (610nm) – Is for balancing and recomposing the skin tissue.
- Turquoise (470nm) – Helps with relaxation.
- Yellow (590nm) – This will improve the lymphatic drainage system
How often do I need a treatment?
Once the cosmetic treatment practitioner has established your requirements from the treatment, they will recommend a treatment programme. The typical length of time between treatments is 14 to 28 days but this can be adjusted.
Acne – mild medical microdermabrasion with light therapy once a week for six treatments
Fine lines/wrinkles/pigmentation – medical microdermabrasion 14 days apart for six treatments; increased vacuum every treatment (this is gauged by your skin’s response and tolerance)
Do I need maintenance treatment after my course?
Yes, we do advise that you maintain your results with regular treatments, ideally once a month
How long does the treatment take?
Approximately 1 hours, so it is very quick and is safe for you to apply your makeup immediately after treatment.
What should I do after the treatment
The cosmetic treatment practitioner will provide a full sheet of aftercare instructions.