FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS – HYDRA-FACIAL WITH LIGHT THERAPY
What is Hydrafacial Treatment?
HydraFacial is a multi-step facial treatment based around eight core protocols:
- Skin health
- Fine lines & wrinkles
- Age reversal
- Oily/congested skin
- Sensitive skin
- Replenish your skin using a special serum rich in antioxidants, peptides and hyaluronic acid.
As well as addressing universal skincare needs, we can adapt each core protocol to give you a truly bespoke treatment.
What happens During the HydraFacial treatment.
During your HydraFacial treatment, we will use a handheld device to deliver the various stages of your facial. The products we use will vary according to your needs, and is then followed by one or two protocol-specific steps, As an overview depending the main focus of your appointment, the steps
- Step one – we cleanse, steam and extract impurities from your skin
- Step two – we use a gentle serum including salicylic to unblock your pores without causing your skin to scale or peel.
- Step three– we use lactic to improve skin tone and open pores
- Step four – we use vitamin c serum to hydrate and brighten the skin.
- Step Five (Extra/ Optional) we use ultrasound to stimulate the production of proteins within the skin and Radiofrequency to tighten skin.
- Step Six – we use Oxygen therapy to strengthen the skin elasticity, diminish pores and reduce bacteria
- Step Seven- Light Therapy uses 7 main types of light; each light has a completely different effect to our skin, for example
- Red (650nm) – Will increase Collagen and Elastin production and will aid in the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles. Red light also has an anti inflammatory affect that can be used after a chemical peel.
- Blue (462nm) – Creates an anti bacterial affect that is perfect for directly targeting acne. Very beneficial when the treatment of scar tissue is the aim.
- Green (527nm) – A soothing affect that will also aid the hydration of the skin
- Yellow (590nm) – This will improve the lymphatic drainage system
- Step Eight: Massage facial muscles to bring oxygen to the area, more blood flow to the area increase collagen production. The treatment is gentle and non-invasive; simply lay back, close your eyes and relax while we pamper your skin.
1. How often do I need a treatment?
Once the cosmetic treatment practitioner has established your requirements from the treatment, they will recommend a treatment once a month, this should help with continuing to improve the health and appearance of your skin.
2. How long does the treatment take?
Approximately 1 hours,
3. What should I do after the treatment
The cosmetic treatment practitioner will provide a full sheet of aftercare instructions.