FAQ Laser Carbon Peel
What is Carbon Laser Peel?
The carbon laser peel treatment is a laser procedure for enhancing the skin’s radiance and promoting a smooth , glowing complexion.
The carbon laser peel treatment helps to reduce imperfection like enlarged pores that originate from the outer skin layer (stratnum corneum)
- First pass with the carbon is only for the Carbon peel for pore refining and epithelial cell removal this can be a one off treatment
- Second pass of the laser is for the plus skin rejuvenation, This enables a deeper peel for Lines and wrinkles and collagen regeneration approximately 6 treatments are required interval 4 weeks apart
A carbon lotion is applied to the skin and allowed to dry over a period of 15 minutes, then a laser Q switch ND YAG laser is used to heat and cause an implosion of the carbon particles that lead to cause the following effects on the treated skin
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Tighten dilated pores
- Reduce acne, scars and post acne discolouration
- Stimulate collagen growth
- Improves skin texture
- Removes dead skin cells from the superficial epidermal layers
- Restore skin integrity and radiance
- Clears pores to help reduce blackheads and whiteheads
A second pass is for collagen regeneration
Does it Hurt?
No, the treatment is comfortable and only minor sensation similar to pins and needles is felt
All areas can be treated
Face, neck, arms, knees, buttocks and back
How many treatment will I need?
Carbon peel can be a one off a treatment
Carbon peel plus skin rejuvenation peel is a second pass with the laser can be treated
Every 4 weeks, a minimum of 6 treatments is required
Maintenance treatment is required twice a year
Post-treatment advice sheet will be given