Full Swedish Body Massage
What is a Full Swedish Body Massage?
A deep pressure massage, this relieves tension and stress from the body. It includes petrissage movements such as wringing and kneading and will not only help to relieve tension but will promote deep relaxation in the tissues and muscles. The back, shoulders, neck, legs, arms and chest are all targeted in this deeply stimulating massage.
- Eases muscular strain by flushing out toxins
- Improves circulation
- Keeps ligaments and tendons supple
- Stimulates the nervous system
- Reduces physical stress
- Aids relaxation
- Relives the build up of tension nodules
Who is this suitable for?
- Everyone who enjoys a firm, hard massage
- People who participate in a demanding sport
- People that suffer from a previous sporting injury or regular aches and pain
- Refrain from eating a large meal an hour or so before your session.
- Drink more water after your massage session to assist your body in natural detoxifying ability. I
The main purpose of Swedish Massage is to increase the oxygen flow in the blood and release toxins from the muscles. Some other benefits of this massage style include shortening recovery time from muscular strain, increased circulation without increased heart load, stretching of ligaments and tendons, skin stimulation and soothing of the nervous system. It reduces stress, both emotional and physical, and is suggested as part of a regular program for stress management.
The sequence of techniques usually used in a session of Swedish Massage are:
- Effleurage: gliding strokes with the palms, thumbs and/or fingertips.
- Petrissage: kneading movements with the hands, thumbs and/or fingertips.
- Friction: circular pressures with the palms of hands, thumbs and/or fingertips.
- Vibration: oscillatory movements that shake or vibrate the body.
- Percussion: brisk hacking or tapping.
- Passive and Active Movements: bending and stretching.
The patient is required to be appropriately unclothed for the treatments, which would usually be for an hour, although longer or shorter massage treatments are also possible.