Anti Wrinkle Injection Botox
Wrinkle Relaxing Treatment botox
- Natural, youthful and refreshed appearance
- Smoothes frown lines and crow’s feet
- Proved successful for both men and women
- Market leading approved brand treatment
Botox or Azulure is a purified protein toxin produced by the Clostidrium Botulinum bacteria. Although Vistable is a toxin, there have been no serious side effects. It is used in extremely small amounts in local areas and does not spread throughout the body. An appreciated but little known fact about Vistabel is that it was the first Federal Drug Administration (FDA) approved and used for injection into the delicate eye muscle of patients with crossed eyes. It has since been safe and effectively used since 1989. This treatment has proved successful for both men and women.
What are anti-wrinkle injections?
Anti-wrinkle injections are commonly referred to as ‘Botox’ , short for Botulinum toxin. This is a naturally occurring protein that causes the muscles of the face to relax, consequently smoothing out wrinkles. It is the UK’s most popular cosmetic treatment for the removal of wrinkles.
What is the Botox treatment session?
Below is the summary of your treatment:
- Procedure time – Typically 30 minutes
- Back to work – Immediately
- Anaesthetic – None
- Full recovery – Typically 24 hours
- Sensitivity period – Typically 1 hour
- Duration of results – Typically 3 – 4 months
- Risks and complications – Infection, bruises, drooping brow, allergic reactions (e.g. swelling)
Who should have Anti-wrinkle injections?
They are the treatment of choice for people who have forehead lines, frown lines or wrinkles around their eyes which they wish to reduce.
What will the treatment involve?
The treatment will involve a doctor making a series of small injections into the muscles of your face. The injection process itself will only take few minutes.
Does it hurt?
The procedure is largely pain free, with the exception of mild discomfort which is experienced due to the small needle injection involved. You may notice some soreness in the injection site directly after the treatment, but this should subside quickly.
Are anti-wrinkle injections safe?
Botulinum toxin has been in medical use for more than four decades, and it is administered in such a way that it only affects your muscles and sweat glands – it does not reach any other part of the body. As long as it is administered by a qualified medical professional, the risks are extremely minimal.
What happens after treatment?
You can carry on with your day as normal, although we advise that you avoid strenuous activity/saunas/other facial treatments for up to 24 hours.
After 4-10 days you will notice an improvement in your lines/wrinkles, and this result will last approximately 3-4 months.
What areas can benefit from an anti-wrinkle injection?
Anti – wrinkle injections are most effective when used to reduce the signs of ageing in the following places:
- Between the eyes
- Sides of the eyes
- Bunny lines
- Gummy lines
- Mouth frown
- Jaw clenching
How long do the effects of an anti-wrinkle injection last?
The results usually last for around four months, after which you may wish to return for another treatment.
What are the possible side effects?
Most side effects are short-lived and mild, the most common being mild bruising to the site of the injection. Some patients also report mild headaches shortly after the treatment, but these usually subside within 24 hours.
Cautions / Contraindications?
You should NOT have this treatment if:
- The injection site is infected
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have a neuromuscular disorder (e.g. myasthenia gravis)
Full list of side effects, cautions and contraindications will be discussed at face to face consultation.
- Please note: Any treatment procedure will only be undertaken after your face to face consultation with one of our medical practitioners, during which a full assessment will be carried out and full list of cautions and contraindications discussed.